Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Story Work

Today I shared with the CVT-Gbarnga service staff about the story project and gave an overview of the inservice I will facilitate on Friday. Much to my relief they understood the nature of the project as having its roots in the values of people rooted in the oral tradtion. They specifically focused on the notion that the story always belongs to the person and the community that tells the story and that when the story is shared the source of the story needs to be acknowledged. The service people are now finding individuals within the community who want to share their stories.

In a sense today is the beginning of the project in earnest. The first week which ends today was my preparation and my adaptation to my new surroundings. What is obvious is there is never enough time. The best part of this day is that I will be going out to meet individuals throughout the county of Bong.

as always,
ande

No comments: